We hope this email finds you well and we are excited to be gearing up for our September Re-Open!
Congratulations again to all on a fantastic virtual recital. To all those who were able to participate and to those who could not, we appreciate your hard work during last season’s many challenges. We made it through!
To new prospective families, we welcome you to our Studio K family and look forward to meeting you next month!
We will be sending you 3 updates in preparation for our re-opening on September 8th. There is so much information regarding our new policies that it will easier to impart this information in 3 parts rather than all together which would be very overwhelming. Each will detail a little more how we plan to keep dancing in our new normal. These new guidelines will also be on our website.
Our theme for the re-start is:
This email is the “READY” part of our announcements and the first installment of our re-start information.
Look for our “GET SET” email this weekend which will include a video that shows examples of how we will implement our new safety procedures.
There will be many changes but the most important thing to us is the safety and well being of each student, teacher and staff member who will be at Studio K.
Our priority is to re-open our studio in a way that allows us to stay open and to continue our goal of, at some point, returning to normal operating procedures.
Having said that, we realize that everyone has varying views on the current pandemic and the restrictions that are upon us as a community. Please know that our stance on adapting to the required procedures is simply based on our desire to re-open our doors and get back to dance.
If we do not comply with the required state guidelines and CDC recommendations, then we risk having to close once again and continue virtually.
Due to the circumstances we will need everyone’s complete cooperation with regard to our new policies. We cannot risk this new dance season and we intend to enforce all policies diligently until we are told by the appropriate agencies that we can discontinue them.
We thank you in advance for your cooperation and will view your finalized registration as an agreement to adhere to all newly implemented studio procedures.
Here’s where you can start!
- REGISTRATION- Registration is now open on our website and must be completed on our website.
- ACCOUNTS- Please make sure to update any changes to your account information on file to help us better serve you. For your convenience we offer monthly automated withdrawals for tuition if you would like that option.
- FRONT LOBBY- At this time we are not able to have parents or siblings in our lobby or common areas. We ask that you email the studio with questions. We appreciate your help with this. We want to be attentive to your needs and questions but also need to stay within our recommended guidelines.
- PAYMENTS- This season we are accepting payments on our website as our lobby will remain closed until further notice. If you need to pay with check or cash please have your dancer put it in the white payment mailbox located just inside the front door.
- EMAIL- You can submit email questions on our website by clicking on “Contact” and scrolling down to “Send Us A Note!”
- CLASS TIMES- We have had to restructure our schedule to accommodate our sanitation process. Classes will be 45-50 minutes in length to allow for proper changeover of classes and cleaning.
- CLASS SIZE- Class sizes have also been limited to meet our guidelines. Only the downstairs studio will be utilized at this time with a maximum of 10 students.
- MAKEUPS- There are no Drop In classes or In Person make ups allowed at this time due to class size limitations. It will be possible to schedule a specific makeup in an open class through the office.
- WAIT LIST- Should an In Person class be full, you may put yourself on the waitlist for that class.
- ATTIRE- Students will need to arrive in the proper dance attire for their class as the dressing room facility will need to remain closed until further notice.
We encourage all families to register now as our schedule will fill up quickly with smaller classes. We will add on class options as our schedule allows.
If you require a Zoom class option please contact us as we are considering a weekly virtual dance club.
Please contact us with any questions you may have and look for the “GET SET” email soon!
Katy Abrego Cortines